Someone posted a list of famous relationships you might have forgotten about. Here are a few country music stars who’ve dated celebrities . . .
1. Carrie Underwood and Tony Romo. They dated for a few months in 2007, and then she rebounded with Chace Crawford from “Gossip Girl”. She eventually got together with NHL star Mike Fisher and married him in 2010.
2. Lorrie Morgan and Troy Aikman. They dated in the early ’90s when he was playing for the Cowboys. She’s been married to Randy White since 2010 . . . her SIXTH marriage.
3. Brantley Gilbert and Jana Kramer. They met at the CMT Music Awards in 2012, and he proposed in 2013. They broke it off a few months later.
4. Keith Urban and supermodel Niki Taylor. They dated from 2002 to 2004. He met Nicole Kidman at an event in early 2005, and they got married a year later.
5. Dwight Yoakam and Sharon Stone. They briefly dated in 1992, and she said later that kissing him was like eating a “dirt sandwich.” He also had a thing with Wynonna Judd in the ’80s, and dated Bridget Fonda in the early 2000s.
6. Tanya Tucker and Don Johnson. They dated for a while in the late ’70s, in between the TWO times he was married to Melanie Griffith. Tanya’s still never been married. But back in the day, she was linked to Merle Haggard, Glen Campbell, and Andy Gibb from The Bee Gees.
7. Kellie Pickler and Kid Rock . . . maybe. They were linked back in 2009, but they never confirmed the rumor.
Dan + Shay recently celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the night they met. It was at Dan Smyers’ house in Nashville. He was having a party, and Shay Mooney showed up. They ended up performing together that night, and it clicked. Being in a band, or in their case a duo, is a grind. You’re constantly together rehearsing, writing music, touring, and promoting yourselves all over the world. Shay says, “Being in a duo is very much like a marriage. As we both are married now, we kind of know that’s what it is. It’s a relationship and it takes time, and it takes commitment, being able to compromise, and all of these things. Speaking of marriage and family. Shay’s wife Hannah gave birth to their third son last week. Shay shared a clip of himself holding baby Abram and singing “When I Pray for You”.
Last week Zach Bryan promised he’d release his song “Dawns” if the Philadelphia Eagles beat the New York Giants on Saturday. Boy did they. The Eagles trounced them 38 to 7 . . . and Zach hit up Twitter soon after, “‘Dawns’ will now be released at midnight on [January] 27th. Thanks for pulling through, boys.”
Yesterday, Miranda Lambert revealed that she wrote a song with Jelly Roll and Telemitry. There’s no word on a title or a release date yet . . . but Miranda’s fans on social media were losing it. The comments include: “OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE EPIC!!” And “This just made my life!! Never been so happy.”
Jason Aldean recently hopped on stage to perform with country singer Ricky Young. It was at a place called Tiki 52 Bar & Grill in Tequesta, Florida. There’s a video making the rounds of them doing Brooks & Dunn’s “Neon Moon”.
Did you know Miss USA 2012 and MMA fighter Whitney Miller is a country singer? She made her debut last year, and now she just released her second single. It’s called “15 Minutes of Fame”. “I just have country music running through my veins.”
Due to “overwhelming demand”, Eric Church has added six additional dates to his Outsiders Revival tour. You’ll find the new shows on Eric’s Instagram.
Josh Thompson is 45.
Tiffani Thiessen is 49. “Saved by the Bell”, “Beverly Hills 90210”, and “White Collar”. Now she’s Alexa’s mom on the Netflix show “Alexa & Katie”.
Mariska Hargitay is 59. Lieutenant Olivia Benson, the commanding officer on “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”. Her mom was ’60s goddess Jayne Mansfield. Mariska and her brothers were in the backseat of the car during the accident that took their mom’s life in 1967. None of them suffered any serious injuries. Mariska was only three years old.
Gail O’Grady is 60. Donna on “NYPD Blue”.
Princess Caroline of Monaco is 66. Grace Kelly & Prince Rainier’s daughter.
Chesley Sullenberger is 72. He saved 154 lives with an emergency landing on the Hudson River in 2009 when his plane hit a flock of geese. Tom Hanks played him in the 2016 movie “Sully”.
Richard Dean Anderson is 73. The original “MacGyver”,
Chita Rivera is 90. She did “West Side Story” and “Chicago”. She was also the first Hispanic woman to receive a Kennedy Centers honor.