The National Board of Review gave Adam Sandler a Best Actor award for “Uncut Gems”, an upcoming crime thriller that hits theaters on December 13th. This is the first LEGIT acting award he’s received, although he’s won Teen Choice Awards, Kids’ Choice Awards, People’s Choice Awards, and MTV Movie Awards . . . not to mention nine Razzies, and dozens of Razzie nominations. The closest Adam has come to a serious acting award was when he scored a Golden Globe nomination for “Punch Drunk Love” in 2002. But he didn’t win. And there’s an outside chance he could get some love from the Oscars.
“Billboard” has a list of the 25 best country albums of the 2010s. Chris Stapleton’s “Traveller” came in 1st. “Speak Now” by Taylor Swift is second, followed by Kacey Musgraves’ “Golden Hour”.
- “Chief”, Eric Church, 2011
- “Four the Record”, Miranda Lambert, 2011
- “Montevallo”, Sam Hunt, 2014
- “This One’s For You”, Luke Combs, 2017
- “Pain Killer”, Little Big Town, 2014
- “Need You Now”, Lady Antebellum, 2010
- “Girl”, Maren Morris, 2019
- “Home”, Dierks Bentley, 2012
- “Ripcord”, Keith Urban, 2016
- “Hell On Heels”, Pistol Annies, 2011
- “Midwest Farmer’s Daughter”, Margo Price, 2016
- “Girl Going Nowhere”, Ashley McBryde, 2018
- “Tangled Up”, Thomas Rhett, 2015
- “Crash My Party”, Luke Bryan, 2013
- “Blown Away”, Carrie Underwood, 2012
- “My Kinda Party”, Jason Aldean, 2010
- “Pawn Shop”, Brothers Osborne, 2016
- “While I’m Livin'”, Tanya Tucker, 2019
- “Man Against Machine”, Garth Brooks, 2014
- “The Highwomen”, The Highwomen, 2019
- “Based on a True Story”, Blake Shelton, 2013
- “You Get What You Give”, Zac Brown Band, 2010
“Rolling Stone” has a list of the 100 best albums of the 2010s -“My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” by Kanye West is #1
- “Lemonade”, Beyoncé
- “Red”, Taylor Swift
- “21”, Adele
- “Interstate Gospel”, Pistol Annies
“Forbes” has dropped a 30 Under 30 list for the music industry. These are supposedly the 30 most important people in music under the age of 30.
Country music stud Luke Combs, 29.
“Old Town Road” superstar Lil Nas X, 20
Country singer Carly Pearce, 29
Kelly Clarkson tugged on our heartstrings with her recent “Kellyoke” cover of Fred Rogers’ iconic “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” She sang a jazzy, soulful rendition of the tune accompanied by a piano. In the background, a screen shows a dancer going through the motions of starting the day and coming back home after a long one. The cover comes following the release of A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, a film in which Tom Hanks portrays Mister Rogers.
Taste of Country convinced a bunch of country stars to recite “Twas the Night Before Christmas”. We’re talking Luke Bryan, Dustin Lynch, Trisha Yearwood, LoCash, Kelsea Ballerini, Little Big Town, Chris Young, Michael Ray, Morgan Wallen, Chase Rice, Jimmie Allen, Thompson Square, Blanco Brown, and Garth Brooks.
The initial lineup has been announced for next summer’s Country Jam, which is going down June 18th through the 21st in Grand Junction, Colorado. Performers include Dan + Shay, Kane Brown, Toby Keith, Dustin Lynch, Craig Morgan, Mitchell Tenpenny, and Clay Walker. More artists will be announced soon.
In case you haven’t seen this: LAUREN ALAINA plays house with her “Dancing with the Stars” partner GLEB SAVCHENKO in her “Getting Good” video. They also dance all over the place.
On “The Talk” yesterday, SHARON OSBOURNE said “America’s Got Talent” is a boys club, and the women are paid less than the guys. She also suggested SIMON COWELL is a dirty old man for rotating “different little girls” in and out of the judging panels on his shows.
“The Masked Singer” at 8:00 p.m. on Fox. We’re down to Butterfly, Flamingo, Fox, Leopard, Rottweiler, Thingamajig, and Tree. Four of them perform tonight.
“The 87th Annual Christmas in Rockefeller Center” at 8:00 p.m. on NBC. Performers include Chicago, Brett Eldredge, Derek and Julianne Hough, John Legend, Idina Menzel, Lea Michele, Ne-Yo, and Gwen Stefani.
“The Big Interview with Dan Rather” at 8:00 p.m.
Lila McCann is 38.
Tyra Banks is 46
Jay-Z is 50.
Max Baer, Jr. is 82.