MAREN MORRIS seems to be everywhere these days. That happens when you’re promoting an album. Well, technically, two albums. Besides “Girl”, there’s THE HIGHWOMEN debut album, which drops next month. She says the opportunity to be in an all-female supergroup . . . with BRANDI CARLILE, NATALIE HEMBY, and AMANDA SHIRES . . . was too good to pass up.
MATT DAMON and BEN AFFLECK will star in “The Last Duel”, the story of a knight and a squire who must duel to the death after the squire is accused of raping the knight’s wife.
These days it’s hard to get people into theaters for anything that’s not a massive blockbuster, like a Marvel movie. But that might change. There’s talk that theaters may start charging LESS for smaller-budget films. The idea is to get more people to see the lower-profile movies that get left in the lurch as everyone saves their movie theater money for the big stuff.
Chelsea Clinton is now a mom to three. The former first daughter and her husband Marc Mezvinsky welcomed their baby boy, Jasper, on Monday morning. Jasper joins big sister and brother – Charlotte, 4, and Aidan, 2.
The first trailer for the MR. ROGERS movie starring TOM HANKS has arrived, and it’s pretty glorious.
JASON ALDEAN posted a clip where he’s giving his 18-month-old son Memphis a bath. And when you check it out you’ll hear that the conversation was pretty deep and one-sided. Memphis was babbling on and on, and Jason had no idea what he was saying. He captioned it, “Can somebody please translate this for me?”
Sometimes KELSEA BALLERINI gets out the acoustic guitar and starts playing. And when she posts it on Instagram, we win. This time it’s her take on the ED SHEERAN – KHALID song “Beautiful People”.
KIP MOORE has added dates to his Dive Bar Tour, and his Room to Spare Acoustic Tour. (Nov 23 . . Hanover)
With the “Lion King” remake breaking records, Buzzfeed has put together a list of 20 interesting facts about the original, which came out in 1994. Here are 10 highlights:
- Sean Connery was Disney’s first choice to play Mufasa. James Earl Jones ended up with the role . . . in the original and the remake.
- Disney originally wanted Patrick Stewart or someone from “Monty Python” for the role of Zazu. Rowan Atkinson ended up with it. John Oliver plays Zazu in the new movie.
- The opening lyrics: “Circle of Life” literally translate to “There comes a lion, father . . . Oh yes, it’s a lion.” The opening is sung in Zulu.
- Tim Rice co-wrote the lyrics for the movie’s songs, and he originally wanted ABBA to be on the soundtrack. When ABBA declined, he asked Elton John.
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” was the FIRST song Rice and Elton completed. It was also originally supposed to be sung only by Timon and Pumbaa. According to Ernie Sabella, who voiced Pumbaa, Elton was NOT happy that they were using the ballad as a parody, so it was reworked.
When you spend close to $25 million on a house, the last thing you should have to endure is annoying neighbors. But that was happening to ED SHEERAN at his London home. His neighbors were moaning about the noise from parties and shenanigans. So when the opportunity arose, he spent another $5 million to buy the properties on either side. A source says, “Ed has not only made a wise investment but is limiting the chance of people grumbling about loud music or parties.”
“Riverdale” stars COLE SPROUSE and LILI REINHART have broken up after two years together. Not surprisingly, their fans are taking it hard. One person even said, quote, “That’s it, I don’t believe in love anymore.”
Danielle Bradbery is 23.
Neil Perry from The Band Perry is 29.
Daniel Radcliffe is 30.
Monica Lewinsky is 46
Alison Krauss is 48.
Woody Harrelson is 58.