A band playing at the Plaza Patria mall in Mexico felt it appropriate to play “My Heart Will Go On” from Titanic as the mall began to flood over the weekend. The torrential rains left fallen trees, roads under water, and the shopping mall in its wake. The song was aptly timed to water falling from the ceiling causing a pool of water to expand on the ground level. According to Mexico News Daily, the same mall was flooded last year during the rainy season.
There are more questions than answers in the shooting of former Boston Red Sox star DAVID ORTIZ, but here’s the latest from around the Internet.
- The Red Sox sent an “air ambulance” to pick up David and bring him back to Boston for additional medical treatment. He arrived last night.
- There were reports that the bullet miraculously missed all his major organs but partially doctors had to remove his gallbladder and part of his intestine. His liver and small intestine were also damaged.
- The Red Sox asked fans to observe a moment of reflection before a game against the Texas Rangers at Fenway Park. They posted a message on the videoboard saying “We send our love to David Ortiz.”
- David’s assistant claims David was the target, and that he was shot by a hired gun. He said, “The robbery [motive] was discarded, and there’s no doubt it was an act of hitmen. It is under investigation and we hope that it will be concluded.”
- A British tabloids claim the hitman was hired by an unnamed drug lord, who wanted revenge because David was having an affair with his wife. Of course, that’s just an unsubstantiated rumor at this point.
- The “New York Post” put out some quotes David made four years ago . . . talking about how dangerous the Dominican Republic has become.
- Boston.com has grainy surveillance video of the shooting.
Did JUSTIN BIEBER made a mistake challenging TOM CRUISE to a fight. FIFTY PERCENT of the people who responded to a poll say that Tom would win if they threw down. But only 15% think Justin can take Tom. The other 35% are undecided. Meanwhile, UFC star CONOR MCGREGOR wants in on this action. He Tweeted, “If Tom Cruise is man enough to accept this challenge, McGregor Sports and Entertainment will host the bout. Conor also challenged MARK WAHLBERG to a fight on the same card.
O.J. SIMPSON is enjoying life in Las Vegas. He’s happy and healthy and plays golf almost every day. He even stays in touch with Sydney and Justin, his children with his slain ex-wife NICOLE BROWN. He says, “Life is fine.”
The Warriors won Game Five of the NBA Finals last night, 106 to 105. The Raptors had a chance to win it all at the end, but their last shot didn’t fall. KEVIN DURANT returned, but he only played 12 minutes before suffering yet another injury. He left the game in the second quarter and didn’t return.
RANDY HOUSER and his wife Tatiana welcomed their first child together on Sunday. It’s a boy, and they named him Huckleberry Randolph. Randy posted the good news yesterday on Instagram: “My beautiful and brave wife and I are very proud to announce the birth of our little man. He’s handsome, healthy, and happy and we couldn’t be more excited to get him home and start the next chapter of our lives together with him.” Randy also has a seven-year-old son named West from a previous marriage. Brad Paisley named his 12-year-old son William Huckleberry, but he calls the boy, Huck. And survivalist Bear Grylls from “Man vs. Wild” named his son Huckleberry.
KEITH URBAN was asked if he’s working on a new album, and he said he’d rather focus on the songs, and the rest will follow. “I’m definitely working on new material all the time. Writing, recording. [Doesn’t] have to be a whole record, just new music. I think that just new music is the thing that we want as artists, as well as the audience, just new songs. New songs, keep ’em coming.”
SANDRA BULLOCK is producing an Amazon series loosely based on her college years.
MIDLAND recently announced that their new album “Let It Roll” will be out August 23rd . . . and now comes word they’ll be supporting it with a tour. The “Let It Roll Tour” will kick-off September 17th in New York City . . . and run through November 9th in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
THOMAS RHETT talked about how much he’s grown since becoming a dad. He’s learned that he could get almost no sleep and “still go to work and sing songs.” I’ve grown in many, many ways as a dad and continue to grow every day.”
Steven Spielberg is developing a series designed to be watched on phones with the caveat that you can only watch it when it’s dark outside. Spielberg’s After Dark will consist of 10 to 12 episodes and stream on Quibi – a short-form video platform
“America’s Got Talent” at 8:00 p.m. on NBC. The third round of auditions.
“The Bachelorette” at 8:00 p.m. on ABC. Hannah takes her men to Scotland and 10 of them dress in kilts
“Stephen Colbert” – Tim McGraw,
Sadie Robertson is 22. “Duck Dynasty” beauty.
Shia LaBeouf is 33.
Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones) is 50
Dr. Mehmet Oz is 59.
Hugh Laurie (House) is 60.
Joe Montana is 63. Hall of Fame 49ers quarterback. He started four Super Bowls and won all of them.
Greta Van Susteren is 65.