Tim McGraw teamed with Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jon Meacham to pen a new book, Songs of America: Patriotism, Protest and the Music That Made a Nation, which will be released on June 11. According to the book description, “Jon and Tim take readers on a moving and insightful journey through eras in American history and the songs and performers that inspired us. Jon chronicles our history, exploring the stories behind the songs, and Tim reflects on them as an artist and performer.”
In conjunction with the book’s release, Tim and Jon will be hitting the road for a seven-date book tour, which kicks off on June 10 in New York and makes additional stops in Washington, D.C., Atlanta and more.
During the tour, Tim and Jon will give a behind-the-scenes look at what went into creating the book and their friendship, as they combined their individual perspectives as writer and artist. The tour will also include Tim performing songs featured in the book.
Songs of America explores both famous songs and lesser-known ones, including “My Country, ’Tis of Thee,” “God Bless America,” “Over There,” “We Shall Overcome” and “Blowin’ in the Wind.”
Every tour ticket purchased includes a copy of Songs of America.
Songs of America Book Tour
- June 10 | Beacon Theatre | New York
- June 11 | Charleston Gaillard Center | Charleston, S.C.
- June 12 | The Anthem | Washington, D.C.
- June 21 | Magnolia Market at the Silos | Waco, Texas
- June 22 | Coca-Cola Roxy Theatre | Atlanta
- June 23 | Belt Theater | Charlotte, N.C.
- June 24 | Raleigh Memorial Auditorium | Raleigh, N.C
photo by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com